This page will show you how to create a registration form, collect participants to a Google Sheet and then send updates and reminders to the participants later.
First, go to Google Forms website (https://docs.google.com/forms/ ). You should be logged in with your Google account.
Suppose we want to create a registration form for a training workshop. We want to make it easy for the registrants to complete the form. So, the only information that we will ask is the name, email, and phone number.
Create a new form
Press the new blank form button:
Give a name to the form
Give a name to the form. Give a brief description of your workshop/program Enter instructions to the user.
Add the Fields
Add Name and Phone fields. Select the type Short Answer from the dropdown menu
Click on the 'clone' icon to quickly duplicate the current field and make the "Phone" field.
We don't have to add the email field because if you select a setting, Google forms will automatically add an email field.
Go to the settings by clicking on the 'settings' icon on the top right
This opens the Forms settings box
Check the "Collect email address" option and "Always send response receipts" options. I will explain what does it do, in a moment.
Test the form
Now that we have added the fields, you can preview the form and see how it will look like to the user.
Press the Preview button
Customize form style to match your theme
Click on the customize theme icon:
You can customize the colors, the background and the header image here.
Create a link to the form
We need a shareable link to the form so that we can send it by email or share it through social media. In order to create the form's shareable link, click on the "send" button.
Then select the link tab and copy the short link for the form. You can send this link to your email list or share it on social media.
Users who don't have Google account or users who haven't logged in also can fill the form.
Test your form
Use the form link you created to open the form in another browser window. Make a test submission. Submit your email address.
Check your email. You should see a receipt from the form.
Come back to your form editor. In the "Responses" tab, you should see a new response.
You can save the form submissions to a Google Sheet. Press the Google Sheet icon
- How to check google form responses
- How to create google form for event registration
- How to create a Google form for registration
- How to embed Google Form in Outlook email
- How to collect email addresses in a Google Form
- How to send a confirmation email when a Google Form is submitted
- Google forms header image size
- Google forms limit responses to one
- How to create google forms with payment integration
- How to create a wedding RSVP form using Google Forms
- How to create a Google form that doesn't require sign-in to fill
- How to make a Google form public
- How to make a Google form survey anonymous
- How to send Google form responses to multiple email addresses
- How to create a google form with file upload without sign in